The Doris Day Blogathon has arrived!

Singing. Dancing. Acting. Doris Day could do them all terrifically and for the next three days, we'll be celebrating the enormous talents of Ms. Day, whose birthday is on the third! Best of all, the gorgeous lady is still with us!

Bloggers, please send me your links as soon as possible and I'll link to them as fast as I can. I'm not a big social media person, so if you could please spread the word about this event, that would be so lovely of you! This is my second blogathon and I'm hoping to make it even more successful than the last!

UPDATE: Since it appears that other blogathons and personal events have delayed submissions, I'll be extending the blogathon an extra day. Doris deserves all the love we can give her, after all!

Enjoy the wondrous entries!

I write about one of the most underrated musicals you'll ever see, The Pajama Game (1957).

Crimson Kimono tells us about Day's magnificent performance in The Man Who Knew Too Much (1956).

Wish you were in Paris right now? (Always.) Vintage Anne takes us there with April in Paris (1952).

Old Hollywood Films shares with us one of Day's best films, Love Me or Leave Me (1955).

Day is one of classic Hollywood's biggest fashion icons and It's a Wonderful Movie shows us why in her look at Day's film fashion. (Make sure you wish Nell a happy birthday, too!)

Reelweegiemidget Reviews gives us the details on Day's last film, With Six You Get Eggroll (1968).

Cinema Cities explores Day's favorite role in Calamity Jane (1953).

James Garner was one of Day's best partners and Phyllis Loves Classic Movies tells us what made them such a lovely team in her post Doris Day and James Garner: Their Films and Friendship.

The Wonderful World of Cinema writes a beautiful tribute to Day. (She also shares a birthday with Ms. Day, so stop by and tell Virginie "happy birthday!")

LA Explorer writes about two of Day's films, the delightful On Moonlight Bay (1951) and its sequel By the Light of the Silvery Moon (1953).

Champagne for Lunch writes about the fun of Move Over, Darling (1963).

Whimsically Classic recommends one of Day's first films, It's a Great Feeling (1949).

Back to Golden Days looks at one of the quintessential romantic comedies, Pillow Talk (1959).

Crítica Retrô looks at Young at Heart (1954), a terrific film co-starring Frank Sinatra.

Christina Wehner tells us why Day is such an extraordinary singer in her post Doris Day -- Singer.

In the Good Old Days of Classic Hollywood tells us about Day's longtime dedication towards animals in her piece Doris Day and Her Undying Love for Animals.


Thank you so much to everyone who participated, both bloggers and readers!

[source]

Comments

  1. Here's my post on Calamity Jane: https://cinemacities.wordpress.com/2017/04/03/doris-day-in-calamity-jane-1953/

    Thanks so much for hosting this blogathon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's my post! I didn't finish it yesterday like I had hoped because I was having trouble with the transition from their friendship to their films. http://phyllislovesclassicmovies.blogspot.com/2017/04/doris-day-and-james-garner-their-films.html

    Thanks so much for hosting this fun blogathon! Looking forward to ours next month!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure it's lovely. I'll update as soon as I can.

      Delete
  3. Here is my post Michaela! Thanks for hosting! :)
    https://thewonderfulworldofcinema.wordpress.com/2017/04/03/its-a-doris-day/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great! I'll be updating as soon as I'm out of class.

      Delete
  4. Hi Michaela! Here is my post on "Pillow Talk." I hope I'm not too late.
    http://back-to-golden-days.blogspot.pt/2017/04/the-doris-day-blogathon-pillow-talk-1959.html

    Thanks for hosting. :)

    -Cátia. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Michaela! I'm relieved that you added another say to the blogathon - just like Doris added two more years to her age! Ha!
    Here it is Young at Heart:
    http://criticaretro.blogspot.com.br/2017/04/coracoes-enamorados-young-at-heart-1954.html
    Kisses!
    Le

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, you're right! Doris and I are just in sync like that. ;)

      Delete
  6. Oh my goodness! I am so sorry I am late!! Things got a little out of hand for me, but am I too late to post mine? Am so looking forward to reading everyone's posts, though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're not late if you still want to post something! I kind of unofficially extended the dates an extra day.

      Delete
    2. Thanks so much!!! Here is my post on Doris Day's Singing. And thank YOU for hosting!

      https://christinawehner.wordpress.com/2017/04/04/doris-day-singer/

      Delete

Post a Comment

You might've missed these popular posts...

Loving and Fighting Furiously: Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz

Top Ten: Fred Astaire's Partners

Announcing the 100 Years of Esther Williams Blogathon!

Announcing the Sixth Annual Doris Day Blogathon!

Fred Astaire tells Rita Hayworth... You Were Never Lovelier (1942)

Esther Williams enthralls in... Dangerous When Wet (1953)

Bob, Bing, and Dottie take the... Road to Rio (1947)

The Fifth Annual Doris Day Blogathon is here!

Fred and Ginger's Cinematic Farewell: The Barkleys of Broadway (1949)

Ann Sothern and Robert Young can't stop marrying each other in... Lady Be Good (1941)